Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is surprisingly good. A different type of sidedish for ham.
Make and share this Sauerkraut and Pineapple: a Side Dish for Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sauerkraut, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Rinse sauerkraut in warm water and drain.
- In a covered pan, simmer kraut in butter for 30 minutes.
- Add pinapple and juice and simmer for 30 minutes longer.
- Add parsley and serve hot as a sidedish for ham.