1/4 Photos of Sauerkraut and Kielbasa (Crock Pot)
9 hrs 10 mins
I love sauerkraut but the rest of my family aren't fans, but even my family enjoyed sauerkraut cooked this way served with rye bread. Adapted from Slow Cooker Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs sauerkraut, drained and rinsed (2 32-ounce jars)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut lengthwise in half and then sliced cross wise into thin 1/4 inch half circles
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 juniper berries (optional) or 1/4 cup gin (optional)
- 16 ounces kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch round slices
- 2 cups white wine or 2 cups white grape juice
- 4 cups chicken broth (or 4 cups water and 3 bouillon cubes)
- 1Place the drained sauerkraut in the slow cooker.
- 2Add onion, carrot, garlic, caraway seeds, thyme, bay leaves, juniper berries or gin (if using) and pepper.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4Place kielbasa on top of all.
- 5Pour in the wine (or grape juice) and broth on top.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 7Discard bay leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut and Kielbasa (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 3193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g