Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A firehouse favorite.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Spread sauerkraut evenly in a 13- x9- x2-inch baking dish. Top with onion, tomatoes, and ribs. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.