1/3 Photos of Sauerkraut and Bean Soup
2 hrs 25 mins
Very good "Stick to your ribs" kind of soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the kidney beans to a boil in a large pot with plenty of salted water.
- 2Remove from the heat, cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- 3In a Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat, season the pork well with salt and pepper and sear on all sides, working in batches if necessary, and remove the meat when it is browned.
- 4Add the sage, parsley, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes before returning it to the casserole.
- 5Drain the beans and add them to the casserole with the stock and the sauerkraut and bring to a simmer.
- 6Cook the mixture slowly for 45 minutes, or until the pork is very tender and the beans are cooked through.
- 7Slowly sprinkle the polenta over the stew and stir constantly for 10 minutes, or until the polenta has expanded.
- 8Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: