- 2 lbs sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 large tart apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 6 juniper berries, crushed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse sauerkraut and wring dry.
- Heat margarine in a large skillet; saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add kraut, cider, stock, apples, and juniper; season to taste with salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Transfer to casserole dish; cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 35-40 minutes.