Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A German style meat loaf, looking for the nutrition facts.
Make and share this Sauerbraten-Style Meat Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 44.37 ml parsley flakes, dried
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml caraway seed, crushed
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g pork sausage
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, gingersnap crumbs, chopped onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, balsamic vinegar, salt and caraway seeds.
- Add ground beef and pork sausage, mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 9X5X3 loaf pan. Top with sliced tomato.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift from pan with large spatula and cut into squares to serve.