- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes, dried
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, gingersnap crumbs, chopped onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, balsamic vinegar, salt and caraway seeds.
- Add ground beef and pork sausage, mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 9X5X3 loaf pan. Top with sliced tomato.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift from pan with large spatula and cut into squares to serve.