Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
Found all allrecipes, originally from Taste of Home. Posted for ZWT IV, Germany. Prep time does not include overnight marination. Note that this says it's just for two.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- hot cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; cool.
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper and nutmeg; place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add onion, parsley, bay leaf and cooled marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Discard bay leaf.
- Place the beef and reserved marinade in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in raisins. Combine cornstarch and cream; stir into beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over noodles.