- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup crushed gingersnap cookie
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed gingersnap cookie
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 6 ounces spaetzle noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together beef, 1/3 cup gingersnaps, onion, water, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Shape mixture into 24 meatballs.
- Place on rack on baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Mix sauce ingredients except raisins in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Stir in raisins and meatballs; heat through.
- Serve over cooked noodles.