Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
If you have the yen for sauerbraten this quick dish will fill the bill. Another great recipe from mom.
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and fry till browned in lightly greased pan.
- Remove meatballs and keep warm.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water to drippings in pan, bring to boil.
- Stir in bouillon cubes, sugar, lemon juice and gingersnap crumbs.
- Add meatballs and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Tastes good with wide noodles.
This sauce is very VERY intense. A little too intense for me. Good flavor. I made it with mashed potatoes. That seemed to lessen the intensity a little. Maybe next time, I'd use less beef bouillon clubes and a little less gingersnaps.