Recipe by Hugce
Wundebar...this is the best German meal you could ask for...we look forward to cool weather and the magnificent aroma of this great German meal
- 5 -6 lbs rump roast
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 gingersnaps, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in deep dish; not metal; add all ingredients except gingersnaps.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator 3 to 5 days; turning several times.
- Take meat out of liquid; brown on all sides like pot roast.
- Add marinade and simer 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove meat and strain marinade; return to heat and thicken with ground gingersnaps.
- Serve with Potato dumplings and Red cabbage.