Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 lbs beef roast, Boneless
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 2 medium onions, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place meat in a large container (NOT Metal).
- In a saucepan bring water, vinegar, onions, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, and cloves to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool marinade to room temperature.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days, turning several times each day.
- Remove meat from marinade, and dry.
- Brown meat in hot vegetable oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add the tomato and marinade liquid.
- Cover and simmer gently 1 to 2 hours, until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from juices.
- Also remove peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaves.
- Mix flour and sugar with water until lumps disappear.
- Add to pan juices and cook until thickened.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and red cabbage.
- Variations: Meat can also be placed in a 325 degree oven and baked or it could be cooked on low in a slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours.