Top Review by COOKGIRl
Mmm, good! Chicken was cooked in a saute pan, set aside. Sauce made in separate pan, chicken put back in saute pan and sauce added. Served over the rice recipe you suggested and we ate off this meal for 2-3 days and never got tired of it. I think I would however double the amount of rose water. Parsley was garnished on top of the chicken and not stirred into the mixture. Will make again very soon! Raves all around. Thank you!
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking onion)
- more for cooking onion
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, peeled & finely grated
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 teaspoon bahrat mixed spice (Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (Julie's Curry Powder Mix is not to spicy and a nice one)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rose water
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts thin.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high,.
- Season chicken breasts with olive oil ,salt and pepper,cook 3 minutes per side.
- In a large saucepan,heat more olive oil ,add onion, cook, stirring until beginning to brown 6-7 minutes.
- Add ginger,garlic and spices, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, tahini, rose water and water, simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken and fresh parsley, simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Enjoy with naan bread, Basmati rice such as Recipe #206772 or pita bread and a green salad.