Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
In Saudi cuisine, warm aromatic spices are used and in moderation, chili or heat imparting spices are very rarely used, but chili is often used in salads. Doggos is eaten with most rice dishes, grilled chicken and meat dishes.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 to 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Place tomatoes in some water and microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Until tomatoes are soft.
- Refresh boiled tomatoes in some cold water.
- Peel off skins.
- Place tomatoes and chili in blender blend until smooth.
- Add salt, lemon juice and coriander.
- Best if chilled a while before serving.
This is refreshing to eat and also beautiful to look at. All of the flavors blend together so well. I love all of the salads of the Middle East and India, and this is among my favorite. It is a wonderful way to get in your veggies. Thank you for sharing.
This is similar to my MIL's "Palestenian salsa". My MIL makes it with a clove of garlic crushed with some dill seed instead of the cilantro. She also subistutes lime for lemon sometimes, and we don't cook the tomatoes. Still I think the taste would be similar. We eat this with everything in August when we have tons of tomatoes. I'll have to try it with cilantro.
love this recipe. it goes really well with kabsah.