Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is yummy. DH dictated this recipe to me from memory to have as a quick pretty healthy late night summer snack. It's similar to salads served with rice through out the Middle East.
- English cucumber, unpeeled
- balkan yogurt
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- white vinegar (DH says you mustn't leave this out)
- You may peel the cucumber if you prefer (I would if it has wax!).
- Cut it into small cubes and put it in a bowl.
- Mix in the Balkan yogurt so there is more yogurt than cucumber.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, sea salt and a little white vinegar, to taste.
- Enjoy as a cool dish in the heat.
Quick, easy and yummy side salad to go with Roasted Chicken Al-Kabsa (Saudi) (Gluten Free) I peeled my cucumber as that's what DH prefers, and didn't know what "Balkan" yogurt was so just used Greek, other than that followed exactly. It was even better the next day after sitting for awhile I think I might even try some added fresh dill next time. Made for Let's Go to Saudi Arabia game
This was good but didn't wow us. It seems too tangy with both the vinegar and lemon juice. I used a lot of salt to balance it out. Made for NA/ME Tag Summer '12.