Recipe by UmmBinat
This delicious sweet with surprise you as to how good it tastes. It's just perfect along with a glass* of tea masha Allah. - A strongly brewed tea is traditionally served in small glasses throughout the Middle East. I'm sure this would be wonderful as a treat during Ramadan as well. Modified from a recipe found on http://www.yasalamcooking.com.
- 59.14-78.07 ml all-purpose flour (For gluten free I prefer the larger amount of flour, I use a mix of white rice flour and half the am)
- 354.88 ml soft dates, pitted and chopped
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 2.46 ml cardamom, ground
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 7.39 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium heat in a 9-inch skillet add butter. Add walnuts and mix until lightly toasted. Add cardamom, brown sugar, soft dates and flour. With a wooden spoon mix until nuts and dates are covered. Remove from heat.
- Place your hand in a plastic bag and shape mixture into walnut size ball shapes.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee or devour like we do, alone right away!