Top Review by Nasseh
I made this using my pressure cooker. I did think the final result was bland so I added salt, pepper, & 1 tsp of curry. My lentils dissolved & made a soup like sauce which I poured over the meatballs. We used bread to scoop up the sauce & meatballs. Made for Ramadan Tag 2011
- 1 whole chicken (Saudi Chicken Kofta (Gluten-Free) recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 slice fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala (can use Garam Masala for Cunswim)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled a chopped in 3/4 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and spices, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, lentils, recipe #363158 and water, bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes until potatoes are cooked and sauce is thickened, season with sea salt, to taste.
- Serve over basmati rice cooked in chicken broth and garnish with fresh coriander sprigs.