Prep 10 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Sauders is a Lancaster County Egg Producer,) think Amish, Pennsylvania Dutch). They exhibited at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and were giving out recipe cards, that is where I got this eggcellent recipe for great pickled eggs. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar, I use white distilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow food coloring (optional)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Put hard cooked eggs in a 1 quart canning jar.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over eggs.
- Let eggs set in pickling mixture for 3-4 days to reach full flavor.
- Too speed up marinating process, heat pickling mixture before pouring over eggs.