Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from The Basic Shelf Cookbook.
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, not drained
- salt and pepper
- Heat stove to high heat.
- Half fill medium saucepan with water and heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes and carrot and cook until just tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, turn on another burner to medium-low heat.
- Combine soup, cheese and milk in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir until sauce is hot.
- Add potatoes, carrots and corn to sauce.
- Cook and stir until all vegetables are hot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
A nice side. Liked that there was just enough sauce to coat the veggies with out being over sauced. The sauce is very very mild allowing the full taste of the veggies to come through. Made as written and think it could have benefited from the addition of some onion. Thanks so much for the post.