Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious recipe from Betty Crockers recipe card library from 1971. Posting here for a request. This is a flavorfull recipe that is inexpensive and quick to make. A delicious blend of cream of mushroom soup, Ketchup and cheese. My family loves this dish when I make it.
- 4 ounces corkscrew macaroni (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam (cut into cubes)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Cook pasta as directed on package and drain.
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in butter until onion is tender.
- Stir in macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole and cover. Bake 30 minutes.
Hmmm, this tasted nothing like "Stouffer's" or anything frozen at all...this in fact, was just absolutely perfect. So perfect in fact, that this is the kind of meal one dreams about when coming through the door sopping wet from the cold rain, and in need of something warm, cozy, and delicious. And more importantly, easy! I used rotini pasta, roasted garlic Cream of Mushroom soup, a red pepper, (had on hand in the icebox) and regular sliced ham from the previous nights dinner. I chopped this up into nice squares. Added the rest ingredients, popped in my toaster oven, and waited for a bit. Topped off with more cheese and a bit of green onion. Oh come to "Mama"! This is was just oh so perfect! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009
Err... Thought this one had all the makings of a kid favorite. However, when it was served, it tasted more like a frozen Stouffer's Lasagna. Not one I will make again but if you like that type of dish then it could work for you.