Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker. Yes, it has spam in it...but it just tastes like cubed ham, which you could use in place of the spam if you prefer. This casserole has a nice tangy flavor to it.
- 8 ounces macaroni, uncooked (I like the spiral shaped ones)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam or 1 (12 ounce) can ham, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain.
- In a large skillet cook and stir onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir the macaroni and remaining ingredients into the skillet.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
My kids (and everyone else) loved this recipe, thanks so much for sharing it! I used cubed ham rather than the spam, otherwise I did everything exactly and as I said, it was delicious. =)