Recipe by Souxie
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. This delicious soup is thick with vegetables, pasta and meat. It makes a perfect meal for those chilly days when served with a crusty bread for dipping and salad.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 3 large roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with no-stick aluminum foil or spray with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, granulated garlic and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Form into 1 1/2" meatballs and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until starting to brown. remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a 4-5 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and sausage. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until sausage is starting to brown. Add the onion, green pepper, zucchini and garlic. Mix well and cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp/tender.
- Add the chicken broth and A-1 Sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the tortellini and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes and the cooked meatballs. Mix well and cook another 5-6 minutes or until tortellini is cooked through.
- Top each serving with remaining Parmesan cheese.