Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love the flavor of this, when I was first married I used to make this all the time, back when all we had was a skillet and a crockpot!. You can use sliced sirloin and beef gravy instead). Salad and rolls would go nice with this.
- 1 lb boneless chicken (cut in 3/8-inch strips)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (thawed, California Blend)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a preheated skillet, stir-fry meat and ginger in oil, remove.
- Stir fry vegetables, cover, cook 3 minutes adding more oil if necessary.
- Stir in gravy and soy sauce. Return meat to skillet, heat through.
I wish I could say this was fabulous, but of the six of us - three adults and two children - none of us was very impressed. Although edible and somewhat healthy, it was bland and just plain ugh. I won't be serving this again.