Recipe by MizzNezz
Tender round steak strips in a zesty sauce.
Top Review by gemini08
This was ok, maybe a little bland and I did not care for the Catsup in the sauce. I should have used tomatoes instead. I added fresh potatoes and fresh beans as well as some garlic. Made for the MizzNezz Cook-A-Thon 2012.
- 1 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole potatoes, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat steak with flour; brown in hot oil.
- Remove steak from skillet.
- To skillet, add onion and chopped green pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Return steak to skillet.
- Add enough water to reserved potato liquid to measure 1 cup.
- Add catsup, worcestershire sauce, boullion, marjoram and pepper.
- Pour onto steak; heat to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and beans.
- Simmer another 15 minutes.