Recipe by foodiequynh
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A dinner time recipe that makes everyone happy! Puff pastry filled with steak, spinach, mushrooms, and goat cheese. Topped with a bold A-1 sauce for even more flavor.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
My family didn't like this one too well, but if I make it again, it'll go over mashed potatos instead of puff pastry. I'd also cut back on the A-1 sauce, which is odd because I usually drench my steaks in it.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb steak
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut defrosted puff pastry into 8 squares. Line 8 holes in cupcake pan with puff pastry. Bake puff pastry for 10-12 minutes until set.
- While oven is preheating amd puff pastry is baking, heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add butter. Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear steak on each side 2-3 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove steak from pan and let rest on plate.
- Add wine to skillet and scrape up bits on pan. Add mushrooms and sautee for 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms have soaked up most of the liquid. Remove from heat. Remove puff pastry from oven to cool slightly.
- Slice steak into bite sized pieces. Add steak, mushrooms, fresh spinach, and A-1 to a bowl and stir. The cold spinach should wilt and cool off the mixture. Crumble goat cheese into mixture.
- Fill the puff pastry cups with steak mixture and bake for 5 minutes to heat through. Remove from oven and enjoy!