Recipe by Ozzy
This is a recipe my Mum has made for me all my life, and I still request it now if I'm getting cooked for! This is probably, no definitely my all time favorite dinner! I like it with cheesy mash potato and sweetcorn - delish!
Top Review by Fairy_flossz
Great I cooked it as one of many spare rib dishes(mine included-Spare ribs in sweet honey sauce)for a splendid tastetest dinner and came out superbly,although i prefer the chinese style sauce and extra flavouring this was an excellent version! Effort commendable!
- 8 large pork spareribs
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded orange marmalade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper (be very generous)
- 1⁄2 pint beef stock
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ribs in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Place the sliced raw onion into the bottom of a casserole dish large enough to hold all the ribs.
- Mix together the soy sauce, orange marmalade and the garlic in a bowl.
- Place the browned ribs on top of the onions in the casserole dish then spread them with the soy mixture.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Mix the stock with the vinegar in a jug then pour over the ribs and cover with lid.
- Cook for 1 hour at 200 degrees with the lid on then for another half and hour with the lid off.
- (I have done this 4 ribs per person but add a few more if you're extra hungry!).