1/2 Photos of Saucy Slowcooker Steak
4 hrs 30 mins
From "For the Breast of Friends!" Tried this since it was yucky outside, and it makes my house smell wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped finely (medium size)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reserved juice from canned tomato
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1In a skillet, heat oil, then brown steak on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Reduce heat to med-low, then add onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper to pan, then cover and cook until veggies are a little softened - about 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle flour over the veggies and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add tomatoes, reserved juice, and worchestershire. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened, then add bay leaf.
- 4Pour tomato mixture over steak into the slow cooker and cook on low 8 - 10 hours or on high 4 - 5 hours, until meat is tender.
- 5Discard bay leaf and serve with crusty bread or buttered noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Slowcooker Steak
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.1
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g