Recipe by PeachyKeen
This is a different way of making lasagna that my father loves to use.
Top Review by sugarpea
Apparently this is a real guy-pleaser. Dh went nuts for this, saying it was every bit as good as a lasagne you'd spend hours making. While I wouldn't go that far, I'm delighted that he's pleased. I was glad to spend my day in the garden, not cooking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, w/mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned, drain.
- Add half the jarred spaghetti sauce to ground beef and mix well. Pour diced tomatoes evenly over ground beef.
- Combine ricotta cheese and egg in a small bowl and mix well. Spread evenly over tomatoes. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Layer remaining spaghetti sauce and remaining lasagna in skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, covered, until lasagna is tender (about ten mins.).
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.