Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by a friend quite some time ago. I have been making it ever since. If you prefer more sauce, you can easily double the sauce mixture. Note: cooking time does not include cooking the sauce.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 lbs bone-in short rib of beef
- set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the meat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set aside 1 cup for basting.
- Place ribs in a greased roasting pan; pour remaining marinade over ribs.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 or more hours.
- Drain, and discard marinade.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour, or until meat is tender, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
These were great. I'm normally not a big fan of beef ribs or ribs cooked anywhere but on a grill/smoker, but these I will definately make again. I added a jar of Hinze Chili sauce to kick it up just a bit. Thanks for posting.
Hmmmm ... I've seen this recipe in a few places and it is reviewed highly. I must have purchased the wrong kind of beef ribs because the ribs I made were rubbery and tasteless in spite of the intense marinade. I'll give this recipe another whirl (because of its good reputation) but next time I'll marinate the ribs for longer and perhaps even extend the cooking time.