Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The sauce makes these so good. If you have hearty eaters, double this. You get them ready, them they cook on simmer.
- 2 lbs short rib of beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs in 4 pieces.
- Brown on all sides in greased skillet.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
We loved these saucy shortribs. The horseradish added to the tomato sauce gave it an amazing lift. Braising the ribs in this wonderful sauce made them so tender. We will definately be having these again. Thanks, Nez, for sharing.
Great tasting recipe! I also added; 1 tablespoon of ketchup, a dash of garlic powder and a quarter cup of red wine. I will use this recipe again