Recipe by Cookin'withGas
An excellent chicken recipe that I like serving with rice or pasta...Add a salad for a complete meal!
Top Review by luvcook'n
We thoroughly enjoyed this dish. DH said he would like this again. I used 2 legs/thighs for us. For me...I am not a big fan of molasses, and I think I will either add more ketchup or less molasses next time. And the sauce was just great over basmati rice. Thank you for sharing this keeper!!!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (Perdue preferred)
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; Place chicken in a foil lined baking pan --.
- Combine dark molasses, ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder and salt; spoon over chicken --.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 45 minutes, basting often; Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta --.
- NOTE:If you prefer using bone-in chicken, you'll need to increase the cooking time by 15 minutes or more, as bone-in chicken will take longer to cook.