Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasting meal with a vegetable and meat together.
- 4 medium summer squash, halfed lengthwise (zucchini,yellow or a combination)
- 12 ounces Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juice with roasted pepper,not drained
- Scoop flesh from squash leaving a 1/4 thick shell Dice flesh.
- Cook sausage and diced squash in a large nonstick skillet, breaking up sausage with a spoon, 5 minutes or until browned and cooked.
- Remove to a bowl, stir in tomatoes.
- Put squash halves cut side down in skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoon water, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn squash over, cover and cook 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Fill with sausage mixture.
- Cover; cook over low heat 2 minutes to reaheat.