Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My very unauthentic take on an old favorite. You can use chicken or turkey sausage to make this even healthier.
- 1 (8 count) package sweet Italian sausage links or 1 (8 count) package hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 large bell pepper, whatever color you like,chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Poach sausage in boiling water for about 15 min.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion and pepper on low heat; you want to make the onion translucent, but not browned Slice sausage into 1/2" rounds Add sausage to skillet, mix well.
- Add can of tomatoes, stir, and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta.