Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A smooth mustardy tasting sauce, so easy to make, wonderful on either pork or chicken--makes a good meal better.
- 1 ounce butter
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 teaspoons French's mustard
- 2 -3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add water, wine, crumbled chicken stock cube and mustard; mix well.
- Season and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornflour and cream, stir into pan.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
we enjoyed this over fried pork fillets, and I think it is a wonderful base sauce. I would definately use it again, but I think I would jazz it up a little with garlic or chilli sauce. I think it would also make a wonderful base for a cheese sauce, as mustard and cheese go so well together. very easy recipe, and I would recomend it thanks Joyfulcook