Recipe by cfletcher
Tender, juicy and a bit sweet and spicy ! I looked for a recipe here that would incorporate what I had on hand for my pork chops but couldn't find one. So I came up with this! I made this in about 50 minutes (including prep time) so it was as fast as it was tasty ! The marmalade is a bit different but it really did add a nice sweetness to offset the spicy salsa. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to 375°F.
- Heat your frying pan to medium.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Add the pork chops. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Lightly brown for about 2 minutes per side.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salsa (I used mild but you can choose the heat that you like) and marmalade.
- Remove the pork chops and place into an oven proof dish. (I used a glass pyrex pie plate).
- Smother the chops with the salsa mixture and chopped onions.
- Put into the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- Turn the chops 1/2 way and baste with the sauce.
- Serve with the extra sauce over the chops!