Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple canned salmon is combined with a piquant mustard-mayo sauce flavored with tarragon for these quick and easy sandwiches. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion, maybe some sprouts, and a couple of slices of Swiss cheese.
for the subs
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon
- 4 hoagie rolls, toasted
- 8 slices swiss cheese
toppings of choice
- sliced red onion
- mixed sprouts, etc
- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tbsp. fresh, if you have it)
- Combine ingredients for the sauce.
- Divide and use 1/2 of the sauce to combine with the can of salmon.
- Spoon the salmon-mayo mixture onto toasted hoagie rolls and top with Swiss cheese and veggie toppings; spread a little more sauce on other half of the bun.
- I like them cold, but they can be oven-warmed or lightly broiled just until cheese melts, also.
The sauce combo was a perfect blend of sweet & hot/savoury for a healthy, "simple" salmon sandwich! I used Hellman's Light,12 grain rolls (untoasted), then topped with shredded lettuce & bean sprouts. I omitted the sauce on top to reduce the calories. Thanx Angie!