Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one that pleases everyone, from gramps to kids.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 9 ounces frozen green beans
- Mix beef, onion, salt and pepper well.
- Shape into oval patties.
- Brown patties, pour off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cove and cook on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gave the gravy a 5, also added some finely chopped green pepper to the meat. Since we use very lean ground meat, I thought it was kind of dry. Next time I will add an egg and some bread crumbs to the meat to moisten, as a similar recipe suggested. Otherwise, this is EXCELLENT and I will be making this again! My family loved it.
Great Gravy Inez!!!! I fixed this along with mashed taters and corn for the office an my day to bring lunch. Everyone had a fit. I was teased for always going overboard and making everyone else look bad. I added a tablespoon of horseradish to the meat because I like that flavor. But the gravy! The last bits were mopped up with a roll. The dish looked like it had been washed. Thanks Inez
This is now a new family favorite. I was surprised when my very picky daughter couldn't get enough of this. I also used fresh green beans. I will be making this over and over again.