Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 17 lbs round steaks
- 3⁄4 lb flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb celery, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and chopped
- 8 (10 1/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut steaks to serving sizes.
- Roll steak in flour, salt and pepper mixture.
- Brown steak in a fry pan with small amount of oil.
- Layer a large baking pan with meat then vegetables; repeat until meat and vegetables are gone.
- Cover with the cans of soup.
- Bake several hours (3-4) or until meat falls apart.
Great for the family, I cut it down for six of us and it still turned out great. I used mushroom gravy mix and added small potatoes. A mael all in one. Thanks, Patt