Recipe by momthecook #2
I can often get whole pork loins at a very good price. I cut them into chops and small roasts. I find this recipe a good solution to a 'dry tasting' loin roast.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4-1 cup apple juice
- 2 Oxo beef cubes, powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour (optional)
- 1 cup hot water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over med-high heat in a dutch oven and brown roast on all sides.
- Remove pork and saute onions in the same pan until softened.
- Mix together apple juice, beef Oxo powder, mustard and pepper.
- Pour into pan and stir to loosen any brown bits on the bottom.
- Add pork, cover and roast at 350F for one hour.
- Turn meat and if necessary add a little more apple juice at this point. Roast one more hour.
- Remove meat from pan and cover with foil for 15 minutes before slicing.
- At this point the pan juices may be served as is over the meat, or.
- To make a gravy, stir flour into the pan juices and stir until thickened.
- Stir in one cup of hot water and bring to a boil, stirring, until thickened.