2 hrs 10 mins
momthecook #2's Note:
I can often get whole pork loins at a very good price. I cut them into chops and small roasts. I find this recipe a good solution to a 'dry tasting' loin roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil over med-high heat in a dutch oven and brown roast on all sides.
- 2Remove pork and saute onions in the same pan until softened.
- 3Mix together apple juice, beef Oxo powder, mustard and pepper.
- 4Pour into pan and stir to loosen any brown bits on the bottom.
- 5Add pork, cover and roast at 350F for one hour.
- 6Turn meat and if necessary add a little more apple juice at this point. Roast one more hour.
- 7Remove meat from pan and cover with foil for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 8At this point the pan juices may be served as is over the meat, or.
- 9To make a gravy, stir flour into the pan juices and stir until thickened.
- 10Stir in one cup of hot water and bring to a boil, stirring, until thickened.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g