Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup cut-up cooked pork
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- Hea oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet; brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered until noodles are tender, about 45 minutes.
I started making this dish when I was first married 44 years ago, and it was a easy family favorite. I was pleased to find the recipe again, as mine had gone missing. Elegant? No. Low-cal? No. Just a very easy, hearty comfort food that warms you on a cold day.