Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These pork chops have a delicious sweet and sour type sauce and are great served with rice. They are quick and easy, a nice weekday meal.
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- lemon slice (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, dust with flour and brown in a small amount of oil.
- Cover the pork chops with the onions.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and soy sauce and pour over pork chops.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- (Optional: during last minute, top each chop with a lemon slice and a few almonds) Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with a small amount of water and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve chops with the topped with onions and the sauce.
OMG, this sauce is addictive! Both my husband and I loved this recipe. I've made it twice already and it has been delicious both times. I served the extra gravy on mashed potatoes and it was yummy! I used Apple Cider vinegar instead of white and omitted the almonds. I also used half lime juice and half lemon juice for a little added flavor. Overall, one of my favorite recipes!!!
This was a good, easy recipe. I had to reduce it to cook for one, so I cut it in half because I like sauce, and there was plenty. It had a very good taste, however, just a tiny bit too sweet for me, but maybe not for others. I used apple cider vinegar instead of white. The sauce was delicious on my rice. Not hard to make, and quick. A great after work dinner.
Very tasty. I used half the amount of honey as I am not a fan of "sweet" meat. DH and I both enjoyed it very much and I am always looking for new ways to cook pork chops. Thanks for sharing Paja! Tagged for Zaar Alphabet Chef game.