Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Living single makes it hard for those of us who are used to cooking for a family of four. I invested in a new magazine called Cooking for 2 and LOVE IT! The recipes are for one or two folks and no leftovers to crowd my fridge. I like this one because the pork chop is not rubbery or tough to eat and the sauce can be easily multiplied to serve several people.
- 1 boneless pork chop, about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Season chop with pepper; place in a small nonstick skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except 1 tablespoons water and cornstarch. Pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minute or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Remove pork chop and keep warm.
- Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoons water and stir into the pan juices. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over pork.
Definitely tasty! Made for a nice moist pork chop, and easy on the ingredients list. I added garlic powder and fresh sage, mmm nom nom. I did have to keep a sharp eye on the liquid level. Added a few teaspoons of water as necessary. Quite tasty!
I thought this was pretty good but was missing something, perhaps just a dash of pineapple juice and an extra spice or two. My husband suggested adding some liquid smoke to it (after we'd already eaten it). So, I played with the leftover sauce after supper, adding some liquid smoke, a tiny bit of chicken bouillon granules, and some cayenne pepper. Once I was done with it, it kind of tasted like KFC's honey BBQ wings sauce. So, I think next time I make it, I'll add some liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, and a little bit of beef bouillon.
Another winner from Amy~~made exactly as listed except doubled for my mom and me. Tasty and easy, the perfect combination! I must add to this review that we enjoyed this so much I've made it two more times while I have been here! This will get added to the regular rotation!