Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Boneless pork chops layered with potatoes, onions and an Italian flavored creamy tomato sauce. s
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Combine soup, tomato sauce and dressing mix.
- Spoon 1/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add 1/3 of the potatoes topped with 1/2 of the onions, repeat the layers and top with the remaining potatoes and 1/3 of the sauce mix.
- Add the boneless pork chops and top with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on High 7-9 hours.
This is a keeper. The men in my family loved this recipe. It is very easy to prepare and great tasting. I put it all in the crock pot, took off x-mas shopping and came home to a cooked meal. Next time I will add another potatoe and not slice them quite so thin. YUMMY!!
I tried this one yesterday and will cook it again. I added 1/2 can of water for the soup and cut 4 medium size potatoes 1/2 inch thick. I didn't change anything else. I left the house for a few hours and when I got back the place had the best smell. I wanted to cheat and stir, but left the lid on. The flavor was great and I could have made a meal just on the potatoes and onions. Had some green beans and ice tea to go with it. I had leftovers today, heated in the microwave, and it was even better. Since I live alone, this is a great dish that I can eat for a couple of days without it losing anything. Thanks.
This recipe was delicious. The pork just fell apart it was so tender. The recipe said to cook on hi 7 to 9 hrs. I cooked it on low for 9 hrs. There was lots of sauce left over so I cooked up some rice and used the sauce for that. Thanks for sharing.