Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It can't get any easier than this. This is one of our all time favorite pork dishes, I've been making this for years.
- 4 thick pork steaks or 4 thick pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup red wine (or more if you like)
- 1 cup water
- Season both sides of pork with the essence.
- Heat oil in lge fry pan; saute onion& garlic until tender; add pork and brown on both sides.
- Add 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1/2 soup can of red wine, 1/2 soup can of water, italian seasoning, cayenne and salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil; then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! My hubby is an avid pork hater and had 3 helpings of this one!!! I did not get fork tender chops with these instructions but the flavor offset a bit of the toughness. I used 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes, omitted the water and used 1/2 cup of red wine. PERFECT!! I simmered just shy of 2 hours and the smell and taste were indescribable. I think this deserves more than 5 stars. Thank you!
Sooo good its not even funny! The pork can literally be cut with a fork! I used one can tomato sauce and one can diced tomato, no water, and only 1/2 cup of wine...the flavor was perfect and the sauce consistancy was wonderful over penne! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This was very easy and good...I had to thicken up the sauce as it was a little thin for our taste....but great flavor..