Recipe by Boca Pat
It can't get any easier than this. This is one of our all time favorite pork dishes, I've been making this for years.
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
This was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! My hubby is an avid pork hater and had 3 helpings of this one!!! I did not get fork tender chops with these instructions but the flavor offset a bit of the toughness. I used 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes, omitted the water and used 1/2 cup of red wine. PERFECT!! I simmered just shy of 2 hours and the smell and taste were indescribable. I think this deserves more than 5 stars. Thank you!
- 4 thick pork steaks or 4 thick pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup red wine (or more if you like)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of pork with the essence.
- Heat oil in lge fry pan; saute onion& garlic until tender; add pork and brown on both sides.
- Add 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1/2 soup can of red wine, 1/2 soup can of water, italian seasoning, cayenne and salt& pepper.
- Bring to boil; then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.