Recipe by CoffeeB
Best of two worlds, American and Italian.
Top Review by loof
These burgers were great! I took another reviewer's suggestion and used sliced mozzarella to fill the burgers and that made it really easy. I pan-fried them and had very little leakage. These flavorful burgers stuffed with cheese really hit the spot - thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburg buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine beef and garlic salt.
- Shape into eight patties.
- Top 4 of the patties with cheese.
- Cover with remaining patties.
- Press edges to seal.
- In a saucepan, combine the pizza sauce, mushrooms and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Set aside.
- Pan fry, or grill burgers until no longer pink.
- Spread bottoms of buns with a little sauce.
- Top with burgers, onion and remaining sauce.
- Replace tops.