Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy to throw together -- from Kraft. Could easily sub chicken for the beef!
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, well-trimmed and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; keep warm.
- Add the meat, garlic and black pepper to same skillet; cook and stir 3 minute Add soy sauce; cook 1 minute or until meat is cooked through. Add barbecue sauce; cook until heated through.
- Spoon the meat mixture into bowl with vegetables; toss gently. Serve over hot rice.
Mmmm! this was so yummy, other than having no yellow pepper I followed the recipe exactly, and I made my own barbecue sauce. I am sorry to say that the photo just does not do this justice. I used sirloin steak, and the next time I will use chicken it's so quick I work in the afternoon and early evening so when I come in it is ready in no time, if you do your prep earlier in the day. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010. Up date 07/06/10 I just had this for supper again but I used chicken and I just wanted to let anyone who looks at this and isn't sure it is every bit as good with chicken. Mmm! I'm now thinking pork maybe, it's pork the next time.