Recipe by scrappyhare
This is one of those recipes you clip from the coupon pages of the newspaper. It sounds like a sort of lasagna casserole.
Top Review by RuthlessWr
I made this last night and came here to Recipezaar to see if it was posted and here it is! This was an easy recipe to put together. It's like a lasagna, but seems easier to deal with. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out just fine. I'm giving it 4 stars just because while it was good, it didn't knock my socks off or anything. I'll definitely make it again, though!
- 1 lb penne, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico spicy tomato and pesto pasta sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In saucepan, over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned; pour off fat.
- Add pasta sauce.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and egg.
- In lightly greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish, layer half the penne, sauce mixture, and cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.