Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This party dish is embarrassingly simple to make, but guests love them! I invented this "recipe" years ago after tasting similar meatballs at my friend Pam's Christmas party. She shared her "secret" ingredient - grape jelly - and let me guess the rest.
- 1 (38 ounce) bagfrozen bite-size meatballs (I recommend Rosina's Italian Style)
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup (I recommend Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) jarconcord grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- In a crock pot, mix ketchup, mustard, jelly, and brown sugar. Cover, heat on high, stirring occasionally, until the jelly is melted. Then, reduce heat to low or simmer. Taste the sauce, and adjust the sweetness to your liking using additional mustard and/or brown sugar.
- While the jelly melts, bake the bite-size meatballs according to the package directions.
- When the jelly is melted and the meatballs done, mix the meatballs into the crock pot of sauce. Be careful not to transfer excess grease to the sauce.
- Cover, let the meatballs simmer, with occasional stirring, for at least 2 hours before your guests arrive.